Monday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 11:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Review From Facebook
Amazing staff and visit. Come here for your dental or orthodontic care.
Add a Review
Do you know and recommend Dr. David Lamothe ? If so please add a fan review
Add a Review
Vinings area patients ask, “Should I have false teeth or implants?”
Restorative dental care is a special aspect of dentistry that Dr. David Lamothe at Smyrna Dental and Implant Center prides himself in providing for new and existing patients in his practice. Located near the city of Vinings, Smyrna Dental and Implant Center offers many treatments for patients who are interested in improving the health, beauty, or function of their natural smile. He works closely with patients to help them rebuild their smile after trauma or disease. When patients have lost teeth due to injury or periodontal disease, they have many options available to them through our practice including dentures, dental bridges, and implants. However, many patients have trouble making an appropriate choice. Patients who are candidates for false teeth or implants may worry about the best one to choose.
False teeth (dentures) and implants both provide a way to replace missing teeth. They are both beautiful and can offer improved function. They can also help keep the existing teeth from shifting out of place due to the gap from the missing tooth. However, this is where the similarities end. Below are some of the benefits/disadvantages of dental implants and false teeth when compared to each other:
- False teeth are often more affordable than dental implants, but do not last as long. Dental implants can last a lifetime, so even though they are more costly initially, they hold their value longer.
- False teeth are removable, which makes them easy to clean, care for, and adjust as necessary. Dental implants with crowns are treated just like natural teeth and are permanently in place.
- Dental implants are placed into the jawbone and they stimulate osseointegration, the development of bone around the restoration to hold it in place. False teeth do not maintain bone and can result in the loss of bone over time.
- Dental implants derive their strength from the jawbone while the dentures just help distribute the chewing forces across the dental arch.
- False teeth can be made to look just as beautiful as dental implants when dentists use quality ceramists as Dr. David Lamothe does.
Smyrna Dental & Headache Center
Connect with Dr. David Lamothe on Linkedin
Dr. David Lamothe at Smyrna Dental is dedicated to helping patients get back their confidence with a healthy and a happy smile. He provides services ranging from cosmetic and restorative dentistry with the help of the latest digital technology and equipment. With treatment options such as dental crowns, bridges, implants and full mouth reconstruction, Dr. Lamothe will help regain the smile you have always dreamed of.
Dr. Lamothe earned his dentistry degree from the University of Texas Dental Branch. He pursued to advance his knowledge with practice and continuous education through dental courses specializing in restorative and cosmetic dental techniques. Due to his years of expertise and skills, he is valued as a member of the National Dental Association and prestigious dental associations.
Back to Dentures and Partials Home Page