Covid 19 Procedures
NEW SAFETY PROCEDURES
To best serve our patients and their families and protect the safety of our Smyrna Dental Team, we have implemented additional safety precautions and procedures in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please read through the list of changes carefully so you and your child(ren), are prepared for your upcoming appointment.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Our office will continue to follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We will monitor and implement any new rulings or guidance that may be issued to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Effective immediately, we’ll be taking extra precautionary measures to help minimize possible contact with other patients, while still providing each patient with the best possible care and keep our entire Smyrna Dental Team safe as we reopen our practice. Please read the following changes carefully before your next appointment:
Our COVID-19 health screening questionnaire must be filled out and signed electronically BEFORE any patient comes in the office. If any answers are “YES”, we must reschedule for a later date for everyone’s safety.
AT OUR OFFICE
- For curbside check-in, park near our doors and text 770-295-8878 or call 770-432-1344 with the patient’s name. Please wait in your car and we will text/call back when we’re ready for you or your child to come in. We’re also asking parents and siblings to remain in the car during the appointment.
- Anyone entering our office must be wearing a mask of some sort.
- Upon entering the office, we will take your temperature at the front desk and ask you to use hand sanitizer.
- We will escort patients back to their assigned chair.
- We will limit and stagger the number of patients to help minimize personal contact and wait times.
- When the appointment is over, we will escort you back to the car and give parents any updates. Please call our office from the lot, or when you get home, to schedule the next appointment.
- Between patients we will thoroughly clean/disinfect chairs, counters, doors, and equipment, as well as UV lights to disinfect the air and hard surfaces.
- There will be limited seats in the waiting area, and we will not have the normal conveniences … no magazines, no coffee bar.
- We will use a high-speed vacuum to control aerosols in the treatment area.
- We will be wearing extra PPE ourselves and washing, changing equipment between patients.
If you already have an appointment scheduled, please be patient, as we will be calling to reschedule in order of necessity.
If you have questions about our new in-office procedures, or if you would like to set up a virtual appointment, please call (678) 374-3764