Monday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 11:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Rating: 5 Dr. David Lamothe Reviewed by Edward L ."My first visit to Smyrna Dental & Headache Center was shortly after it opened in 2008. My Dad, who was 90 years old at that time, had a dental issue. We just walked in, no appt."
Add a Review
Do you know and recommend Dr. David Lamothe ? If so please add a fan review
Add a Review
Smyrna, GA dentist explains the dental implant
Restoring the smile may need to be done if patients are experiencing problems such as tooth loss. Disease, extraction, and trauma can all contribute to the loss of natural teeth, and it is imperative that patients in Smyrna, GA address the problem as soon as possible to maintain the alignment and health of their smile. When tooth loss occurs, patients may speak to Dr. Lamothe, the dentist at Smyrna Dental & Headache Center to learn about the various methods available for replacement.
In most instances, Dr. Lamothe will suggest the placement of dental implants. Dental implants are the best restorations available for the replacement of natural teeth. They offer several benefits. They are:
- Natural in appearance
- Strong and durable
- Easy to maintain
Dental implants can be used to replace one tooth, hold a dental bridge to replace several teeth, or to use in conjunction with full dentures to hold them steady. Dental implants are titanium metal posts, which Dr. Lamothe surgically implants into the jawbone. The process of osseointegration occurs, during which bone growth is stimulated and wraps around the implant to hold it in place. The implant is then restored with a crown, bridge, or denture to complete the restoration process.
Proper candidates for dental implants are patients with enough bone structure to hold the implant in place and ensure successful implantation into the bone. This can be determined with x-rays to examine the bone structure underneath the gum tissue. Patients must also have a relatively healthy mouth free from cavities and periodontal disease, as this can greatly affect the success of placement.
Dental implants are becoming extremely common due to their naturally high success rates. They can last a lifetime when patients maintain proper oral hygiene habits at home and visit their dentist regularly for cleanings and examinations at least twice a year.
Dr. Lamothe of Smyrna Dental & Headache Center is excited to offer dental implants to patients who are ready to improve the appearance of their smile after natural tooth loss. Call today to schedule an initial consultation and examination to determine candidacy for this cosmetic procedure.
Back to Dental Implants Home Page
- Smyrna, GA, patients ask, “What are my tooth replacement options?”
- Smyrna area dentist describes the procedure for dental implants
- What can Smyrna, GA area patients expect for recovery after the placement of dental implants?
- Marietta area dentist explains why cosmetic dental implants are the best replacement for a missing tooth
- Why are dental implants considered the best replacement for missing teeth by patients near Vinings?
- Smyrna area patients ask, is the placement of dental implants painless?
- Smyrna area dentist describes the recovery time necessary after the placement of a dental implant
- Where can Smyrna area patients get the best cosmetic dentures?
- Where can I get an implant to replace teeth near me in the Vinings area?
- Patients near Smyrna ask if dental implants are affordable
- One of the best cosmetic dentists in the Marietta area describes the variety of uses for dental implants
- Dentist near Atlanta, GA who provides dental implants
- Dental implants as a tooth replacement option
- Dental implants are the best alternative to bridges and dentures for patients in Smyrna, GA
- Smyrna, GA dentist explains the dental implant
- Why are dental implants considered the best in dental restoration for Smyrna, GA patients?
- What are the benefits of dental implants in Smyrna, GA?
- When might patients in Smyrna, GA consider implant dentistry?