Monday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 11:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Rating: 5 Dr. David Lamothe Reviewed by Edward L ."My first visit to Smyrna Dental & Headache Center was shortly after it opened in 2008. My Dad, who was 90 years old at that time, had a dental issue. We just walked in, no appt."
Add a Review
Do you know and recommend Dr. David Lamothe ? If so please add a fan review
Add a Review
What can Smyrna, GA area patients expect for recovery after the placement of dental implants?
Patients faced with tooth loss have a few different options to consider when it comes to restoring the smile. Patients need something to reestablish their chewing and speaking efficiency, while also bringing back the natural beauty of their smiles. This is when Dr. David Lamothe and the team at Smyrna Dental and Implant Center of Smyrna, GA may encourage patients to think about options such as dental implants.
A dental implant is a titanium post used to replace missing teeth and allow patients to improve their smile’s health, function, and appearance. Dental implants are incredibly popular because of the many benefits they provide.
Why dental implants?
Dental implants have several advantages over bridges and dentures. They are long-lasting, natural-looking, and just require normal care
. However, patients fully understand when they undergo the process of placing dental implants that it is an extensive process. Dental implants are placed during oral surgery. When patients think of surgery, they are often worried about the recovery process.
Recovery following placement
Healing and recovery following the placement of dental implants is relatively short. During the procedure, patients are anesthetized and sedated for the surgery. Patients are given aftercare instructions to follow to ensure the area heals properly. Patients are also advised as to anything that can occur after surgery that may require them to visit the dentist again, including continued bleeding or pain. Recovery is similar to that of any other surgery
. Antibiotics may be prescribed if there is any concern of infection following the procedure. This will be discussed with Dr. David Lamothe before the procedure is done to ensure patients are appropriate candidates for additional medications.
Dr. David Lamothe and the team of Smyrna Dental and Implant Center believe in providing patients with a wide range of solutions for their dental health care needs. Contact the team today at (678) 374-3764 to make an appointment to speak to our team about the process of placing dental implants and other restorative solutions for the smile.
Back to Dental Implants Home Page
- Smyrna, GA, patients ask, “What are my tooth replacement options?”
- Smyrna area dentist describes the procedure for dental implants
- What can Smyrna, GA area patients expect for recovery after the placement of dental implants?
- Marietta area dentist explains why cosmetic dental implants are the best replacement for a missing tooth
- Why are dental implants considered the best replacement for missing teeth by patients near Vinings?
- Smyrna area patients ask, is the placement of dental implants painless?
- Smyrna area dentist describes the recovery time necessary after the placement of a dental implant
- Where can Smyrna area patients get the best cosmetic dentures?
- Where can I get an implant to replace teeth near me in the Vinings area?
- Patients near Smyrna ask if dental implants are affordable
- One of the best cosmetic dentists in the Marietta area describes the variety of uses for dental implants
- Dentist near Atlanta, GA who provides dental implants
- Dental implants as a tooth replacement option
- Dental implants are the best alternative to bridges and dentures for patients in Smyrna, GA
- Smyrna, GA dentist explains the dental implant
- Why are dental implants considered the best in dental restoration for Smyrna, GA patients?
- What are the benefits of dental implants in Smyrna, GA?
- When might patients in Smyrna, GA consider implant dentistry?