Monday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 11:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Rating: 5 Dr. David Lamothe Reviewed by Edward L ."My first visit to Smyrna Dental & Headache Center was shortly after it opened in 2008. My Dad, who was 90 years old at that time, had a dental issue. We just walked in, no appt."
Add a Review
Do you know and recommend Dr. David Lamothe ? If so please add a fan review
Add a Review
Smyrna area dentist describes the procedure for dental implants
At Smyrna Dental and Implant Center, we encourage patients to learn about all the options available to them when it comes to replacing missing teeth. There are several solutions, which may include dentures, bridges, and dental implants. Dr. David Lamothe is here to help!
What are dental implants?
Solutions such as dental implants are highly desired by many of our patients seeking a permanent option for tooth replacement. These titanium posts look like small screws. When placed into the bone, they can support a dental crown, keep dental bridges anchored in place, or stabilize full dentures
The dental implants procedure
The procedure necessary for placing dental implants starts with preparations. The dentist discusses with patients the many options available and determines if dental implants are best for them. Not everyone is a proper candidate for dental implants, so it is essential that patients go through the evaluation process. X-rays are completed to check the bone structure and ensure that placement will be successful.
Once patients have been deemed great candidates for dental implants and decide to move forward, they will schedule a surgery date. At this appointment, patients are anesthetized and sedated for comfort while the dentist places the implant into the bone of the jaw. Patients leave the practice with aftercare instructions to reduce the potential for issues such as infection or excessive bleeding. They will be notified of concerns that may require a trip back to the office for further assistance.
After dental implants have been placed, the process of osseointegration occurs. This is the growth of bone around the implants, which holds them firmly in place. This process takes several weeks, after which restoration can begin. Restoration of implants may include dental crowns, bridges, or full dentures – depending on the unique needs of the patient.
Dr. David Lamothe and his team understand the many benefits dental implants provide. They may encourage patients to consider this restoration over the alternatives, especially if patients are seeking a permanent solution that requires minimal attention over the course of time
. Contact the team at Smyrna Dental and Implant Center today to schedule an appointment.
Back to Dental Implants Home Page
- Smyrna, GA, patients ask, “What are my tooth replacement options?”
- Smyrna area dentist describes the procedure for dental implants
- What can Smyrna, GA area patients expect for recovery after the placement of dental implants?
- Marietta area dentist explains why cosmetic dental implants are the best replacement for a missing tooth
- Why are dental implants considered the best replacement for missing teeth by patients near Vinings?
- Smyrna area patients ask, is the placement of dental implants painless?
- Smyrna area dentist describes the recovery time necessary after the placement of a dental implant
- Where can Smyrna area patients get the best cosmetic dentures?
- Where can I get an implant to replace teeth near me in the Vinings area?
- Patients near Smyrna ask if dental implants are affordable
- One of the best cosmetic dentists in the Marietta area describes the variety of uses for dental implants
- Dentist near Atlanta, GA who provides dental implants
- Dental implants as a tooth replacement option
- Dental implants are the best alternative to bridges and dentures for patients in Smyrna, GA
- Smyrna, GA dentist explains the dental implant
- Why are dental implants considered the best in dental restoration for Smyrna, GA patients?
- What are the benefits of dental implants in Smyrna, GA?
- When might patients in Smyrna, GA consider implant dentistry?