Monday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 11:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Rating: 5 Dr. David Lamothe Reviewed by Edward L ."My first visit to Smyrna Dental & Headache Center was shortly after it opened in 2008. My Dad, who was 90 years old at that time, had a dental issue. We just walked in, no appt."
Add a Review
Do you know and recommend Dr. David Lamothe ? If so please add a fan review
Add a Review
Smyrna area dentist describes the recovery time necessary after the placement of a dental implant
Smyrna dentist, Dr. David Lamothe of Smyrna Dental and Implant Center, is a professional who provides comprehensive care. His practice is dedicated to assisting patients with improving the health of their smiles as well as their function and beauty. His practice offers many tooth replacement options for patients who have had adult natural teeth extracted or lost including dental bridges, dentures, and dental implants.
Many patients choose dental implants once they learn more about them. These titanium posts are surgically placed in the jawbone. They act as natural tooth roots. Over the top, it is restored depending on the needs of the patient. This may be a dental crown, bridge, or even full denture. Dental implants are versatile, which makes them a wonderful choice. Additionally, they are known for lasting a lifetime. Patients find that even though they are more expensive upfront, they hold their value over time and are a desirable investment.
When patients consider dental implants, they often speak with Dr. David Lamothe about the process of placing them. This includes questions regarding the recovery time necessary after they have been surgically implanted. The procedure starts with a consultation appointment and evaluation during which Dr. David Lamothe will determine if patients have enough bone structure for successful placement. If not, they may need to consider alternatives or discuss the possibility of bone grafting to prepare the area. Once patients have learned about all their options and have chosen for dental implants to be placed, they schedule their appointment for placement. Proper anesthetics and sedation are used to ensure comfort throughout the procedure. After the implants have been placed, the gum tissue is sutured and healing occurs. This can take a few weeks, though the process of osseointegration (bone growth) can take up to two months. During this time, temporary restorations are placed until the implant is ready for the permanent restoration.
Dr. David Lamothe works closely with his patients to ensure they get the best possible treatment and the dental solutions best for them. If you are interested in finding out more about dental implants recovery time at Smyrna Dental and Implant Center, contact our team of professionals to book an appointment.
Back to Dental Implants Home Page
- Smyrna, GA, patients ask, “What are my tooth replacement options?”
- Smyrna area dentist describes the procedure for dental implants
- What can Smyrna, GA area patients expect for recovery after the placement of dental implants?
- Marietta area dentist explains why cosmetic dental implants are the best replacement for a missing tooth
- Why are dental implants considered the best replacement for missing teeth by patients near Vinings?
- Smyrna area patients ask, is the placement of dental implants painless?
- Smyrna area dentist describes the recovery time necessary after the placement of a dental implant
- Where can Smyrna area patients get the best cosmetic dentures?
- Where can I get an implant to replace teeth near me in the Vinings area?
- Patients near Smyrna ask if dental implants are affordable
- One of the best cosmetic dentists in the Marietta area describes the variety of uses for dental implants
- Dentist near Atlanta, GA who provides dental implants
- Dental implants as a tooth replacement option
- Dental implants are the best alternative to bridges and dentures for patients in Smyrna, GA
- Smyrna, GA dentist explains the dental implant
- Why are dental implants considered the best in dental restoration for Smyrna, GA patients?
- What are the benefits of dental implants in Smyrna, GA?
- When might patients in Smyrna, GA consider implant dentistry?